Every now and then I like to change up the space above my desk...you know just to stay inspired and all that jazz. I really wanted to add a fun pop of color and lately I've been obsessed with tassel garlands. It's the perfect thing to give an instant change and brighten up a small space. I love the collection of colors I used here...they make me happy.
Tissue paper (Colored & Foil) , Scissors, Ribbon, Tape
To start off with I used 1/4 of a full sheet of tissue paper...
1. Fold tissue paper in 1/2 three times
2. Cut paper into fringes
3. Unfold and begin to roll tissue paper
4. Twist the center of the paper, form a loop, and secure with a piece of tape
The other day the weather was wonderful and Chris and I decided to go for a walk. Scar decided to follow. I'm glad we took the chance to relax a bit outside for awhile because this week has been hectic, well hectic for me. Chris has been on vacation all week and of course he's been enjoying it all while rubbing it in just a bit. I'm so glad my holiday vacation will officially start once 5 hits.
Today marks the 2 year anniversary of when I started this lovely little blog. I've enjoyed sharing pieces of my life and style with you all here over all this time. I love that writing here gives me the chance to keep myself motivated about being creative and having fun with fashion. As always I appreciate all of you who happen to leave a comment or simply stop by....thank you, thank you, thank you. It all means so much. So to celebrate 2 years, I wanted to give one of you two of my favorite things... a fun statement necklace and red lipstick (after all the red lipsticks I've worn over the years, this one is honestly my favorite and the one you see me wearing all the time on the blog).
I love lace, it always has that romantic girly kind of feel. I happen to think that lace looks good with just about anything so you can easily take it from day to night. For day I love being able to mix such a romantic girly kind of top with jeans for a casual look. For night I would take it up a notch and dress it up with a long maxi for a holiday party.
1. I think it would be fun to add some interest to a day look by mixing stripes and lace together.
2. How amazing is this necklace!?! It gives off just the right pop of color.
3. Black flats...simple, cute and practical for taking care of errands.
4. When I wear jeans, I like them dark. Love the classic look of straight leg ones.
1. An embroidered clutch...this one has pretty colored details.
2. A maxi skirt is perfect for the cooler weather and this jewel color is gorgeous.
3. Red for a night out, one of my favorite things to wear to add instant glam to any look.
4. Heels will add some extra length under a maxi and I love the gold cap detail on these.
Cardigan: Thrifted, Tee: Dressing on the Side, Jeans: Levi's, Heels: Zara
Ever since I bought this cardigan, I've practically been living in it. I've already taken it out for a night dancing with the girls, dinner and date night with Chris, running errands, family photos...so yeah, this sparkly number has been everywhere. It's just one of those things that makes your day feel a bit more magical. Oh and look at this sky...just gorgeous.