8.29.2013

Dress Shopping

I'm so happy to be finally sharing this good news...Chris and I are engaged!!!!!!! Okay, did I put enough exclamation points there? Seriously I'm so excited. It was something like a dream to see Chris down on one knee.  I remember being in shock at first when I said yes and then after a few minutes all the excitement set in. We were in Austin when he asked me and to start our engagement off right; we went down to the hotel bar to have a celebratory drink before heading off to prom. I had a diamond margarita...very fitting right? I actually liked that he asked me with just the two of us there rather than in front of family. We got to have the whole night and the day after to just be excited about the whole thing. Once we started telling family and friends all kinds of questions were coming from left and right about wedding details...and it got overwhelming to not have any of the answers. With that being said, the last few weeks have been spent in wedding planning mode because we are looking at getting married in about 7 months!! So last week, I went and picked out a dress :) 
As more details start to fall into place, I'll be sharing a few here.

If you want to see a few pics from our anniversary check it out here

xoxo erica

16 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE BOTH OF YOU!!! That's amazing news, Erica :D

    You look gorgeous in white. Is that the dress you picked out? I LOVE weddings...I get so excited, it's ridiculous....lmao.

    xo Azu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...so excited :))))) Am really happy for you both :)) BIG congratulations, so sweet. SO nice he asked with just you two as well, I like that more. Not long to go really, lots to do, but I know you'll get it all sorted and have a great day :)) Just relax and not stress as you can, you two are more important than all the details, once you relax, all of that will fall into place and be perfect for you. Have the day you wish to have :)))) All of these dresses are gorgeous :))) Have a lovely day doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Erica! So happy and excited for you. I'm sure you're wedding is going to amazing and you'll look very beautiful. Can't wait for you to share more news. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! I'm so excited for you Erica! Congratulations to both of you! Can't wait to see all the details come together!

    xoxo,
    Laura
    http://lauraisthriftingthroughlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations dear!! I hope you find your perfect dress!!
    Thanks for your lovely comment, now following you.

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Congratulations!! I'm so happy and excited for you and Chris! It's lovely that you and him got to spend time together afterwards to enjoy the fact that you're fiances now! Those dresses are stunning and I can't wait to see which one you picked!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHHH, CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so exciting, I wish you both the best :)
    Also, such lovely dresses...can't wait to see what you chose!

    The Dragonfruit Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just incredible Erica, really pleased to hear about this, after so long together it's obvious you two are meant for each other so this is amazing news, you look lovely in your dresses too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A BIG CONGRATS to you~!! I am glad you guys got to spend time together afterwards and you look lovely in the dresses as well! I hope you find your perfect one!!

    http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com


    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats my dear! You are going to make one ethereal bride (I think I recognize Bhldn as your bridal shop)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh congratulations!! What great news :) you look stunning in that dress, and I'm sure you've picked the perfect one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing, all of those dresses are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations!! That's so exciting :) Good luck with the planning!

    heyniki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats!!! That first picture of you is beautiful! Take time to cherish the planning moments, you will miss them!

    ♥, Brittney @ True Vintage Love
    www.truevintagelove.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay a huge Congratulations to you!!! So exciting :))
    xxx
    ps all those dresses are gorgeous, and you look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Sea of Blooming Dreams