6.11.2014

DIY Bridesmaid Gift Idea

 It's been a little over two months since I got married. Time flies right?? My three sisters were my Maids of Honor because it was impossible for me to choose just one of them...we are all so close. Throughout the whole wedding planning process, they were with me every step of the way and helped so much with all my crazy do it yourself ideas. After everything had settled and everyone had gotten back to normal life and the days of wedding planning craziness were behind us, I gave them a small surprise to show them that even though the wedding was over, I was still really appreciative of all they did for me.
What I used: Gift bags, Cards c/o Tiny Prints, Flowers, Macarons, Nail polishes, Earrings, Glitter clothespins
 When I put the bag together I really wanted to give my sisters something fun and cute that they could use everyday. I decided to go with earrings and polishes and picked out ones that fit each of their personalities. Oh and you can't go wrong with macaroons! Throughout the wedding process, we would have weekly bridesmaid meetings and sometimes we would try to just do fun things together. One week we tried to make macaroons and I'm sad to say they didn't quite turn out like these lol It was fun though and I definitely need to give macaroon baking another try.


At the end of it all, I think a simple thank you goes a long way. I wrote to each of my sisters and used the card as the "decoration" along with some springy tulips...doesn't it make the prettiest combination?Truth be told, these cards were actually meant for a baby shower...what? Yeah. All the cards from the Tiny Prints site were so easy to customize and these ones I used here, fit my wedding perfectly.
Do you have a special thank you that you need to send out? Definitely give this idea a go :)
xoxo erica

9 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous ideas, such sweet little treasures. Beautiful xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie :) The earrings are so pretty right?

      xo erica

      Delete
  2. So cute, and I love that the nailpolish echoes the colors of the macaroons... Which I'm now hungry for :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol sorry you can totally blame if you go out and get some right now!

      xo erica

      Delete
  3. This is a cute idea! I like the idea of giving them something that they can use more than once that way when they wear it, they'll think of you and your wedding!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I just wanted the gifts to be fun and something that they could really use and love.

      xo erica

      Delete
  4. These are adorable! I'm not getting married anytime soon, but these would be cute surprise gifts for girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Al, I think these could work for any kind of gift!

      xo erica

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Follow Sea of Blooming Dreams