I type a lot at work and like some of you when I blog at home, so I see my hands all day. I try to keep my nails looking pretty but this time around I just wanted something really cute. When I decided that I wanted to do a month of cake, I knew I wanted to try cupcake nails. Seriously cupcakes are like my favorite and these nails are the most sweet, cutes, fun, and yummiest ever.
1. On the nail that's going to have the cupcake, paint half with the base color (pink) and the other half the color of what you want the cupcake liner to be...in this case blue. You can always reverse the colors from the way mine are if you want the bottom of the cupcake to be on the tip of your nail.
2. Once that is dry, dip a thin brush to the nail polish applicator. This color should be lighter than your cupcake liner color.
3. Create thin lines to make the highlights of the liner.
3. Next using a dotting tool, start to make several dots bunched up with white polish.
4. Continue to use the dotting tool to create the rest of the cupcake and let dry.
5. This part is optional, but use a glitter polish to give a sprinkle effect.
6. With a dark pink or red polish, use the dotting tool again to create the cherry on top of the cupcake. Once these dry, use your favorite top coat to seal these in.
Aren't these soooo cute! I'm going to be craving cupcakes all day!!
Let me know if you give these a try #sobdamonthofcake