11.07.2012

Day to Night: Pencil Skirt



During the week you will most likely find me in a pencil skirt. It's my everyday look for work but I think pencil skirts can work for any occasion. Here's I would style a pencil skirt (in oxblood, a favorite color this season) for a day to night look.

Day
1. Keep it casual with a basic tee...knot it up or tuck it in.
2. A Statement necklace is perfect to add some personality to a day look...I like one's with a bit of sparkle.
3. Cute flats...leopard ones have been my favorite this season.

Night:
1. Look ultra sexy for a night out by paring your pencil skirt with a bustier corset top. Showing off some skin balances out with the length of the skirt.
2. A sleek looking clutch looks polished and dressed up with bold gold details.
3. Heels with some serious height...ankle straps always make me feel a bit more glamourous.

Which look would you wear? Day? Night? or Both?

See more day to night looks here

xoxo erica

find me on facebook + twitter

Shop the look here

23 comments:

  1. Omgsh, that night look would be amazing ♥
    Love this pencil skirt and how you made it work for day and night!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the day look, so chic!
    I adore your blog, would you like to follow each other?
    km-iamyou.blogspot.com.au
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pencil skirt and think that both concepts are pretty awesome, both looks would look great in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute photos, now following :) Hope you'll stop by and follow.
    http://nothingobliges.blogspot.com/
    xoxo Ryta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the whole ensemble you chose. Pencil skirts can be very sexy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, honey! You have a great blog, very interesting and you are very beautiful! I'm your new reader! If you do not mind, I'm waiting for you in my blog!))))

    http://tini-tani.blogspot.ru/
    eFoxCity

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like everything except for the bustier, not sure if I could pull it off. I love the skirt though :)

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the idea of a pencil skirt with a casual tee! Cute!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whew, those shoes are some serious business!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i really love that black and wine color together! love the sparkly necklace.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you styled this! I adore pencil skirts and I love how you took it from day to night :)

    xo

    Ashley

    Southern (California) Belle

    ReplyDelete
  12. That necklace is amazing! I love both looks, but the day look is more my speed :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. great look! i love that clutch!


    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great looks you've put together for daytime to evening.
    Thank you for stopping by my little blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the shoes so much! we share the same feeling about life and i hope we'll work it out really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. definitely a winning look! both looks are super great and versatile :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the idea of knotting the tee to go with the pencil skirt. Not something I ever do, but I've seen it look really good and now I want to try it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. love ur blog!
    followed u also!
    http://agoniiya.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for the comment on my blog :)
    I am your newest follower and I hope you have followed me so we can keep in touch x

    www.thesequincinderella.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey dear,

    thank you for your comment and for following <3
    I really like your day and night outfit in this post.
    I follow you now,too :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow Sea of Blooming Dreams