2.12.2014

DIY // Collage Heart Dish

  I have a bad habit of taking my accessories off anywhere, the car, the desk, the bedside table, my purse...you name it. I've been known to lose jewelry quite often. I have this jewelry display I use at home but I decided I needed a "place" for my things at Chris' house. I used to love making collages from magazines and wanted to apply that look to the jewelry dish. At first I was going to go with a few images from my pinterest but with Valentine's Day around the corner, I thought a collage based around love would be fun. 
 Supplies: Heart Ceramic, Glitter, Brush, Scissors, Triple Thick Glaze, Glue, & Images
Start by spreading glue to ceramic, sprinkle with glitter, and shake off.
 While the glitter dries, cut up images into shapes or add writing to personalize.
 Think of the collage layout you want, glue down to dried glitter, and then spread triple thick glaze.
 Let dry and you're done!

**easy alternative to simplify this diy**
Trace heart onto cardstock. Then build your collage onto the cardstock. Glue the cardstock down to the dish and cover with triple thick glaze.

xoxo erica

5 comments:

  1. I take jewelry off everywhere too! I have to make a huge effort to put them back in the containers where they belong otherwise the rule the roost of the house! this is really cute by the way! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this is so so so cute! I really want to make one now!

    www.shygirlloudvoice.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow Sea of Blooming Dreams